Skip to main content

When It Comes to PSAs, Timing Is Everything

Halloween PSA on Halloween PSAs:

I understand that some people want to make sure people wear costumes in a specific way. Some people want costumes to be extremely accurate. Some people want costumes to be safe. Some people want costumes to be politically correct.
It is OK to put out a PSA asking people to dress the way you want. If you're persuasive and if you say it at the right time.
If you want people to change based on a PSA, it will be most effective for you if you PSA when they have the ability to change. October 30th is far too late for people to change their choice of Halloween costume and far too late for people to change the events they set up. I know some people who start making their Halloween costumes as early as August or July.
It will be even more effective if you send out the PSA when people are already thinking about their choices. A PSA about Halloween costumes would be most effective around the last week of September through the last week of October.
That is why this PSA is being sent out now instead of being sent out several days ago or several days from now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe Bennet? Please?

Every time I see anything about Avengers: Infinity War , I feel bogged down, even though I should be really excited for it. I finally realized the reason: No Chloe Bennet. At this point, all I care about with the MCU is what the official title of Spider-Man: The Winter Formal will be (because what else do you call the sequel to Homecoming ?), what new genres they'll explore, and how they'll have the TV shows will affect the movies. Chloe Bennet's character from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would be a fantastic addition to Avengers: Infinity  War . Her character is powerful enough to be helpful to the team, is from a show people already like, and is extremely easy to introduce to an audience that has never seen Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D . I would love to see Chloe Bennet in a Marvel movie. (The fact that she's extremely attractive doesn't hurt.)

Should The Book of Mormon Be A Movie?

Over the last few years, my brother and I have been brainstorming about how to make an epic movie (or series of movies) out of The Book of Mormon. We didn't want something simple. We want something epic - a grand adventure for the ages, like we sometimes say the Book of Mormon itself is. I've heard a lot of people love the idea, and I've heard a lot of concerns. I'd like to address some of the concerns and see if I can help. Perhaps you could help me address my major concern with making the Book of Mormon into a movie. If you have any more concerns, let me know. I'd love to discuss them. Concern #1: "It would be rated R." This is the single most frequent concern I hear. I even heard this from someone who played in the Bible videos. To be fair, it's a legitimate concern. There are plenty of lots of R-rated ancient war movies - from Gladiator  (2000), to 300  (2006) to the extended edition of The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies  (2014/2015). Th

Can't The News Be Better Entertainment?

You know, if news media is just going to be fiction for the sake of entertainment, views, and discussion, I wish it would do a little better with character development and worldbuilding. Also, if the writers aren't going to have strong enough characters to make them unique, I wish they would cut out a few of the more redundant characters. I'm just glad they only have one President character at a time.